I thought you might be interested to know, if you do not already, that The School Transfer Company is the original confidential brokerage for Independent Education. Here are some more quick facts:
We were established back in 1986 (having spent 1985 doing our research).
- We have never been affiliated nor related in any way to any similar partnership.
- We remain resolutely independent, resisting any commercial or close links to lawyers, venture capital, private equity, accountants or consultants of any kind.
- Our clients know that we act exclusively in their best interests at all times.
- We listen carefully to our buyers and aim to meet their requirements as much as possible.
- We always refuse the many and varied incentives offered by some buyers and their agents.
- We do not merely introduce buyers and sellers then step away. We try to get to know both sides well; and to know what exactly they want. By finding buyers exactly what they want, we get better results. We negotiate effectively, discreetly and in a civilised manner for the best outcome.
- We always aim to assemble a good field of buyers before we start. Competition not only concentrates the mind, it reduces the timeframe.
- No charge to clients at all unless or until we find the right buyer at the right price and completion has taken place. No set-up costs, no expenses.
- No charge to buyers of educational businesses.
- We aim to delight our clients when they come to sell, usually for retirement. (Perhaps you will find the time to visit www.schooltransfer.co.uk and see some of the pleasing things they have said about our service.)
- My wife and I remain involved in our own independent school and day nursery. We have a day-to-day understanding of the issues facing the sector.
It may be worthwhile having a brief chat even if you have no thoughts of selling or buying right now.