Buying a School
If you are thinking of buying a school, talk to us first. We shall be more than happy to give you some useful advice on the process, the advantages, the pitfalls, financing, the market – indeed, anything you care to ask.
Our founder partners know as well as anyone what it’s like to take on a school and build it from scratch. They are in this sector not because they are teachers but because they rescued a school from closure. That was a long time ago and the school roll has grown from 26 to over 260.
What do schools cost to buy?
The School Transfer Company sells schools in the UK, Europe and worldwide at all prices from £500,000 to over £30,000,000. Groups of schools sell for £10,000,000 – £100,000,000.
Which school to buy?
The School Transfer Company – STC – sells schools all over the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
Our buyers come from all over the world too. Most want to buy in the UK or Europe where educational standards are highly rated, as is the general stability of these regions.
But we also have schools for sale in most regions of the world – just let us know what you want.
Can anyone buy a school?
Yes, anyone can buy a school, so long as they have no complications in their background, have the competence to do so and, of course, the funds. You do not have to be a teacher – although a knowledge and understanding of education and issues relating to its regulation and delivery must be acquired sooner or later.
Who buys a school?
Anyone and everyone. For example, here are some of our most recent buyers.
- An Educational Trust.
- A private individual disillusioned with life in the city and now having the time of their life managing something that they really care about.
- An educational group based in the Middle East.
- A new educational group forming in the UK.
- A new educational group based in China.
- A private individual from the world of venture capital forming their own new group.
- A married couple, one of whom is a teacher, the other an accountant.
- A Head Teacher keen to branch out on their own.
- Who knows who will come up next? It could be you. If you do buy a school, we can promise you will have the satisfaction of knowing you are doing something worthwhile – and you will never be bored. (Every other emotion occasionally – but not bored!)
Buyers: how to register with STC
If you can, please call us on 00 44 1474 833150 (01474 833150 in the UK) and speak to any of us in the office. We always feel it’s best to start with a chat so that we have a good idea of what you have in mind, your timescale and any other relevant factors.
However, if you prefer to email firstname.lastname@example.org we shall respond quickly. We shall ask you to complete and return our Search Agreement which acts as both a brief to us and an undertaking on confidentiality from you. We shall also need your personal and corporate background. This is passed to our vendors and it is they who decide (with our advice) whether we may talk to you about their business and release highly sensitive information.